Friday, November 5, 2010

Greetings, blogging world.

My very first post. Just smell that new blog smell. Mmmm.

In this blog, I hope to explore Satanism as well as feminism. As yet I'm not sure what the two have in common, if anything, but some seedlings of ideas have been planted in my mind. I plan for my first official thinky post to be about the Biblical command, Thou Shalt Honor Thy Mother and Thy Father, but we will see. It might be more prudent to write an overview of Satanism and feminism for newcomers to the blog.

Judeo-Christian religions are, naturally, patriarchal. And whether or not anyone realizes it, the patriarchy is everyone's enemy. Religious oppression is patriarchal oppression. There is no difference. It is here I am trying to find intersectionality.

I have been a Satanist for seven years. I started out as a Wiccan, became a La Veyan Satanist, then moved on to theistic Satanism. In the year 2010 I have shifted to a more agnostic Satanic approach. While I have been of this faith for a very long time, my knowledge is still limited, so you will be with me as I learn more about my chosen religion and feminism, as I explore ideas.


Here's hoping for a good blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please see the commenting guidelines before posting. Failure to follow the guidelines will result in a deleted comment without response.